What to Buy in March
March is the arrival of Spring and with it, spring cleaning, gardening, March Madness, St. Patrick’s Day and sometimes Easter.
The month of March is also:*
- National Frozen Food Month
- National Nutrition Month
- National Peanut Month
- National Red Cross Month
- National Craft Month
- National Snack Food Month
*expect to see sales centered around these promotions
- Frozen Food – Vegetables, Pizza, Ice Cream, Entrees, Breakfast Foods, etc.
- Spring Cleaning & Organization – Household Items and Cleansers
- Easter Dinner Items – Ham, Eggs, Asparagus, Butter
- St. Patrick’s Day – Corned beef, Cabbage
- Gardening supplies – Seeds, Soil
- March Madness – Sports Drinks, Soda, Bottled Water
- China & Flatware – There is a market lull between Christmas and the Wedding Season so you should be able to snap up some low prices on these items.
- Warm Weather Items – This is your last chance to buy air conditioners, gas grills, boats, motorcycles, lawn mowers, etc. before they’re marked up in the warmer months.
- Frozen novelties – New flavors and packaging will be introduced in April which means mark downs on the “old stuff”
- Easter Candy/Novelties – if Easter falls in March
- Spring Clothing – Believe it or not, retailers will start moving out Spring fashions to replace them with Summer trends.
- Outerwear – Selections on coats, gloves, scarves, etc. have been picked over, but keep an eye out for the remains of a good deal.
In Season Produce – look for lower prices on these items:
- Lettuce (leaf and head)
Use the print-friendly button to below to print the buying guide for each month, hole punch and place behind a tabbed divider in your household planner, coupon organizer or other binder.