Thirty days ago I began the 30-Day Giving Challenge. If you started this journey with me, then you know I was a little apprehensive, but I was confident that if I stepped out in faith, God would do His part.
And did He ever!
I shared a few experiences along the way….
- A special gift for a special teacher
- My husband’s blessed generosity
- Beautiful necklaces to support Visiting Orphans and help my friends to raise money for a mission trip
- Allowing a Simple Saving Savvy reader give four Science Oklahoma Museums to someone who could use a blessing
- Making food and serving at the FaithWorks of the Inner City annual Thanksgiving dinner
- And who can forget Fruitful Friday! I love giving back to you who are so faithful to read Simple saving Savvy.
And there were a few I didn’t share:
- Making bags for the mom’s who participate in the Mommy & Me program at FaithWorks. Emma and Camden helped. Each bag contained the items pictured below. I could not do these projects without those of you who donate extra coupons. Thank you so much!
- Rounding up items for Camden to contribute to a Soldier’s care package at school. The father of one of her classmates is in Afghanistan until May. I loved being able to give for this project as well as see my daughter’s realization of the sacrifices made for our freedom and the joy she received in giving.
- Sending non-perishable food items to school with Emma & Camden for the Bedlam Food Drive.
- Sending gently used clothing to school with Abbi for the Christmas Charity Drive.
And then there was the intangible but oh so rewarding giving:
- an apology to my husband when he least expected it
- playing monopoly with my son, Paul
- praying for others like I said I would
- listening to Emma play “Old McDonald Had a Farm” on her recorder over, and over, and over and over
- Cutting my tween some slack on nagging her about her messy room
This has been an amazing 30 days! God met us by showing opportunity when we asked to see. This is a prayer we’ll carry forth and although the 30-day challenge is over, the giving has just begun!
Did you participate in the 30-Day Giving Challenge? I’d love to hear your stories or thoughts!